My plants were mostly hidden behind the wall, apart from the ones on the window-sill. This meant that they couldn’t be seen and may not have been getting enough light. When I got some new garden furniture, I found a way to re-use the old furniture (which I had thought was only fit for the dump) and solve the plant problem. The small table went into the corner, with plants arranged on the top and I hacksawed the back off the chairs and used them as plant stands too. The front now looks very full, much more effective, the plants are getting more light – and a few less items went into groundfill.