Full Frontal Gardens grew out of an idea that neighbours came up with in Rochester to make their street flowery, cleaner, attractive and interesting to visit. The daily rubbish that gathered on this urban street in front porches and open spaces had become too much to bear, it was time to turn the street around!
What we Do
- Love our streets!
- Make neighbourhoods look better.
- Grow Plants for people and wildlife.
- Get to know our neighbours!
Reasons to join in with Full Frontal?
- Community spirit and support.
- Being surrounded by plants is known to de-stress and increase the feeling of wellbeing.
- Flower Power! – children aspire to better lives when surrounded by an attractive environment and can learn all about gardening too.
- Urban gardens provide more wildlife habitats then agricultural areas.
- Plants cool the immediate vicinity area on hot days, and can help to prevent flooding.
- Attractive streets improve the value of properties.
How do I get started?
If you feel that your neighbourhood needs some TLC contact Fern Alder : firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
- Talk to some of your neighbours and find out if they are interested in improving the street scene.
- Full frontal can provide start-up grants and support for interested groups.
- Talk to your local Ward Councillors, who may also provide financial and other support for your project.